John Maxwell speaks in West Palm Beach
It was a busy day on the blog as I was blogging from the John Maxwell Leadership Gold conference. I enjoyed the day spent thinking through leadership concepts, a passion of mine. Leadership has always seemed a strange topic to study. If you have to study it, do you really have it? Is it innate, like the ability to jabber on and on with perfect strangers for example? Or is it learned, like ping pong and touristy Spanish? In any case, I did pick up some helpful insights which I hope to actually use in the days to come.
One of the more interesting aspects of the day, for me, was seeing so many members of the community at large flood into Christ Fellowship. I enjoyed the idea of using the building to offer something of real value to the community, no strings attached. As I said in my first post of the day, however, I seriously underestimated the potential size of the crowd. With very little advertising it looked like we had around 1,000 people attending today.
So here is what I need to process over the next few days. Please bear with the “is this blog a diary?” approach for a minute or two. After all, maybe you can help me! Here are the questions I need to answer.
- How do I properly identify the 20% most important tasks on my priority lists?
- Do you take 20% in every area of your life? So should I be looking at the 20% most important blog tasks, household management tasks, community service tasks, kid tasks? Or just the top 20% overall?
- How do I determine the thing that only I can accomplish?
- What is my sweet spot? What am I passionate about? What do I excel at?
- Who are the people that I need to travel through life with?
OK…I’m exhausted. I think tomorrow I’ll hit the coffee shop with a good book and let the world pass me by. Life will be back to normal.