What blogs do I read?
I thought it would be fun to take a tour of some of my cyber friends. A little link love for a change. I know it’s weird to call people I’ve never met friends, but I do. Here are some of mine, and what I have learned from them.
Boo Mama writes a fun, lighthearted and zippy blog.
- What I’ve learned from Boo Mama: be yourself! People enjoy your personality, miss Boo Mama, and that’s what keeps them coming back and back and back.
Big John Scott is a friend from my Q conference back in April. Nope…never met him! Well, not strictly true. I did ‘Bump’ into him at the door when he was acting as badge checker and bouncer.
- What I’ve learned from John: even “professional” ministers have to be intentional at connecting with people. John is a master at staying culturally literate, meeting people in his community, and — especially — walking through life with the people he calls friend.
Biscuet is an American living in China.
- What I’ve learned from Biscuet: his blog title says it all. “I live in China. I teach. I blog. I love people.” I’ve enjoyed following Biscuet as he teaches English, gives tours of apartments, adapts to life in a foreign country. I love seeing the impact of his life multiply.
Catalyst Space/Catablog is the official blog for the Catalyst Conference.
- What I’ve learned from Catalyst Space: if there is a trend in church-world, Catalyst finds it and presents it. Presents it well. Go here to find Christmas presents, conferences, speakers and podcasts.
From the Stack on my Desk is written by Larry, another Q guy. Nope, haven’t met him either.
- What I’ve learned from Larry: it isn’t enough to take information in. You have to apply what you have learned to your own life, your own church, your own community. Reading Larry’s life has inspired me to live mine with more accountability.
Bring on the Joy is one of the blogs of a group of people in Edinburgh, Scotland. I met them through Duncan, who writes a brand new blog called Fourth Space. He used to write one of my favorites, What’s Your Point, Caller, but recently changed focuses. Anyway, Bring on the Joy has inspired me.
- What I’ve learned from Bring on the Joy: add value to the people in your life. She is always willing to jump in on a conversation on a friend’s blog, give encouragement, ask advice and generally be real. I love the attitude that BOTJ shows in her writing and commenting.
Musings of a Koala is another blog from the same group. Love them!
- What I’ve learned from Brunette Koala: live your life on purpose. All of it has a purpose, and God is willing to reveal it if you search long enough. Walking with BK through that journey has taught me so much that I would have missed if she were not my friend.
An Unfinished work is a new friend of mine. I’m still discovering her, but so far am thrilled and challenged!
- What I’ve learned from Dianne: be encouraging, be honest and learn to look at life in a new way.
Oh, there are so many more. I have posted links to some of them before, and will post more links again, but for now you have a nice little sampling!